Christmas List 2001
Well, I tried to think of things I actually needed, but in the end I just came
up with this list of things that won't take up too much room in my dorm room.
- CD-deck for car - I never saw a need for one of these things in Sarasota thanks to 102.5 "Real Classic Rock", but now I live in Gainesville where there is no bearable music on the radio(I am often reluctant to go to the gym because of the twisted "pop songs" that I know I will have to endure). I would like one with MP3 support, but I think those are more expensive. I think they have a KOSS for 50 bucks at Circuit City
- Guitar Fake Book - These are books full of sheet music that people made up after listening to real classic rock. They usually have hundreds of songs, so maybe I can find one or two that I can actually almost play. They have some at Fogt's and B&N for around 20 bucks. Do not get the one that Piet has.
- TV-tuner computer card - Since I live about 100 yards from the stadium, I get the best sound for the football games in my dorm room. But I have no TV, and there is always some kid in the lounge watching Star Trek or some such nonsense. So I need some way to plug a cable into my computer and watch it from there. I think they sell these at Best Buy and Circuit City and other similar places, but I do not know how much they go for.
- Paintball gun - PJ wants me to get one of these so we can run around and shoot each other. It seemed like a stupid idea at first, but reflecting on it, I think shooting Pieter could prove to be really therapeutic. I would be happy to lend such an item to any family members who need to relieve some stress. Ask Piet where to find these, but keep in mind that there is probably one available for about 10% of the cost of the one he suggests.
- CDs - I have a super-fast Internet connection and unlimited recordable CDs but I refuse to jump on the MP3 bandwagon with the rest of the world. Stupid conscience. Anyway, I typically listen to bands like Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, so on and so forth...
- Clothes - I have to run a wash nearly every 3 weeks... this is really putting a burden on my intense schedule of playing guitar and running around in circles.